Computer Dudes shares our AntiHacker and Reset Techniques with the public, businesses and even their competition.
Here at Computer Dudes we believe everyone is in this together. That it is good people and good corporations vs bad people and bad corporations.
We believe all Computer Techs, Architects, Engineers, Server Techs, Security Companies and even other Companies in any of these fields NOT to be our
competition, but as our Brothers and Sisters. In that spirit, I give to your our current procedures for cleaning a home or office that has been hacked.
Read, Enjoy and PLEASE SHARE. This is for computer users, phone users, techs and families too. Print out a copy if you want.
Computer Dudes Standard House/Office Sweep with Data Capture and Reset of All Devices.
- Once a site or client has been hacked, enter the location and do a full scan of all Wi-Fi Signals, Sources, IP Numbers, Routers, Network and Devices. (software Wireshark, Wi-Fi Analyzer App on Phone)
- After data is recorded and your paperwork/report has been started, turn off all Routers, Devices, Phones, TVs and everything else that uses the network or Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Repeat Scans. Locate items and turn them OFF.
Repeat Scans until everything is clear. Make your notes.
- Setup laptop for Nmap capture. Reactivate client's Main Router. Capture for 30 minutes.
- Look at your data for abnormalities, strange IPs, scripts, hack attempts and signals from any hacker attempting to reconnect to the hacked devices, their IP, location, time and ISP. Copy all reports and data and submit to law enforcement.
- Factory reset EVERY device in the house. Then, do Firmware Upgrades and test. Have the client set much longer and stronger passwords and remind them to change those from time to time and NOT to share them.
- File Report and/or Invoice. Have your people contact the ISP where the hacker accessed and get them cut off. Block all IP's from the hackers or even by region.
- Train Client on Basic Safety.
- Present Client with Final Reports and/or Invoices.
- Clean and Reset Laptop You Used to Clean Network and Capture Data so it is ready for the next job.
This is our Standard Operating Procedure for June 2021.
Todd W. Byars
A Dunn and Bradstreet Listed Company
Local, State, Regional, National, International